The crowning glory of dental crowns has many purposes when it comes to your oral health and smile. In fact, dental crowns have been proven to be successful at improving your oral health and the appearance of a tooth. Dental crowns are used for many reasons in the field of dentistry. Our dentist, Dr. Bradley Adkins with Adkins Dentistry in New Bern, North Carolina, uses dental crowns for many reasons, which is why we are happy to provide you some insight on the typical uses of dental crowns.
The traditional uses of dental crowns and their benefits include:
– Dental crowns are popular because they are not only helpful for repairing the function of a tooth, but they can also cosmetically enhance the look of one too.
– Dental crowns are often used to patch together bits of broken teeth. It may be possible for a tooth that has shattered into bits to function correctly with the help of a dental crown.
– If you have suffered severe damage to a tooth and no other treatment options will work, a dental crown maybe your last line of defense.
– Dental crowns are cosmetic enhancements that can provide decades of durability for supporting a tooth.
– Your risk for dental erosion and tooth decay will dramatically decrease when a dental crown is in place.
– Dental crowns can be used for previous restorations including dental fillings, dental implants and dental bridges.
If you are interested in restoring your oral health and wonder how dental crowns can help you, contact our office at 252-633-2876 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to work with you and find the best way to improve your oral health and smile.